The Hampstead Business Improvement District (“BID”), which operates within the Hampstead Village area, is looking to hire a BID Manager. The role is to execute and develop the BID’s strategic priorities, manage the business operations and lead on all communication and relationships. The successful candidate will have strong management and leadership experience and exceptional communication and organisational skills.
The BID Manager is responsible for the following:
A. Strategy Execution:
- Execute the BID’s strategy under the leadership of the Board of Directors (“Board”) and supported by 2 main Subcommittees;
- Project manage the various initiatives and be supported by external advisors;
- Research any new directions proposed by the Board, such as fundraising to support the strategy/BID priorities.
B. Face of the BID
- Act as main BID point of contact for all stakeholders including Directors, BID levy payers, media, Camden Council, neighbourhood forums, contractors, the general public and any other relevant bodies;
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with our levy payers;
- Manage all incoming enquiries and coordinates outgoing responses and communication.
C. Operational Management of the BID
- Manage and implement programme of work to support priorities of the BID in consultation with BID Board, including all facets of managing the business:
- ensure the Chair and Directors are fully briefed and arrange, attend and contribute to the Board meetings
- operational point of contact for and organisation of relevant parties
- legal and financial requirements (including budgeting and expense management) with the support of the BIDs legal and financial advisors
- Proven tenacious senior leadership and management experience
- Ability to influence and bring people on the strategic journey
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and self-starter
- Ability to work under pressure
- Project management experience
- Ability to work with professionalism and integrity at all times
- Excellent attention to detail
- Problem solver with a constructive and professional approach
- Great communicator
- Excellent time management skills
- Flexible working including some
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
It is also helpful but not essential to have local knowledge and experience in dealing with councils.
About the BID
The BID, which operates for the benefit of its 244 levy-paying businesses operating within the Hampstead Village area, was voted in September 2016 for a 5 year term. It’s sole purpose is to invest £1.2 million (£220k p.a.) in projects in the area to benefit local businesses and enhance the general trading environment. It’s main objective is to drive footfall to our businesses and to sustain Hampstead Village’s unique atmosphere. The BID’s activities are delivered through a not-for-profit company directed by a board of local business owners and managers. The three key pillars of BID strategy are:
- Marketing Hampstead Village and its businesses through events promotional activities (including the Christmas Fair) and digital marketing (including the social media, newsletter and website). The main objective is to drive traffic to Hampstead Village
- Improving the street scene with the primary objective to improve the atmosphere in Hampstead Village
- Business support for its levy payers through engaging with external consultants and helping levy payers navigate solutions to various problems
- Pursue opportunities to to address parking and accessibility The Hampstead Village website, operated by the BID, has further details here.
Compensation & Position Structure
The position is currently a full-time role with no employees but supported by the Chair, the Board of Directors and a number of external support/advisors (including digital marketing, website, legal and accounting). The salary for the position is between £40k and £50k depending on the skill set and experience. The Board would like to structure the position around the right candidate and could separate the strategic/overall management from the administration into two separate 2-3 day per week roles with a maximum annual consideration of the current budgeted salary. Should the BID Manager wish to create two part-time roles, they would be responsible for hiring and managing the additional candidate.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should detail why you believe you would be a great candidate for the role and provide some initial suggestions to improve the BID.
Download a PDF of this document